Monitor the USA Hurricanes

2eade7b9-e4f2-42b2-9dfa-f513dd0f899d

An Active Season Expected

 

Listen to NOAA HF Voice Traffic

If forecasts are correct, this season will mark the seventh consecutive above-normal hurricane season for the Atlantic. NOAA forecasts out today predict a 65% chance of an above-average season, a 25% chance of a normal season, and a 10% chance of a below-normal season.

The ranges account for uncertainty in the data and models of NOAA’s Climate Prediction Centre. The year could be twice as active as normal.

The year could be twice as active as normal, said NOAA forecaster Matthew Rosencrans at a news conference today. The Accumulated Cyclone Energy (ACE) index, which represents the season’s intensity and duration of storms, comes to 115 to 200. A near-average season has an ACE index between 66 and 111.

If you are Monitoring Disaster Communications on HF from the East Coast of the USA, please let me know what you have been logging and consider sharing frequencies with us.

Here are some frequencies you might want to check out (in kHz, USB, - 1.9kHz):

4235

4316

4317.9

4426

6340.5

6501

Content continues after advertisements

8502

8503.9

8764

9110

12750

12788

12789.9

13089

17146.4

17314

 

https://tinyurl.com/557rt4my

 

GW (310522) | Sources: EoS Science News | American Geophysical Union | The Spectrum Monitor, June 2022: 10; Picture-Credit: NOAA Public Domain)