GQRP Online Convention 2020
Conference Agenda Released
The GQRP club has released a detailed agenda for its Online Convention 2020, taking place on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th September.
The online event, which replaces the club’s annual GQRP Convention at Telford, due to current Covid-19 restrictions, is open to existing members. There is a special rate for non-members which will include GQRP Club membership until January 2022.
The two-day event comprises a series of online presentations and knowledge-sharing meetings where people can share ideas.
The packed presentation list includes:
- “Building QRP transceivers” with Hans Summers G0UPL, designer and manufacturer of the QCX QRP transceiver.
- “HF propagation and QRP” with Steve Nichols G0KYA, author and chairman of the RSGB’s Propagation Studies Committee.
- “Homebrew SSB Transceivers” with Pete Juliano N6QW, co-presenter of the Soldersmoke podcast and a prolific homebrewer.
- “Vector Network analysers explained and the NanoVNA” with Alan Wolke W2AEW, a professional electrical engineer from Tektronix.
- “Antennas for QRP” with Callum McCormick M0MCX, YouTube star and inventor and manufacturer of the DX Commander vertical antenna.
- “FT8/FT4 for the QRPer” with Anthony Luscre K8ZT, who will take a detailed look at this the fastest-growing mode in amateur radio.
There will also be a range of knowledge-sharing sessions, including “Using Antenna analysers” with Heather M0HMO, “Running a QRP DXpedition” with Dom M1KTA, “Battery technology for QRP portable” with Bill G4ERV, “Omnidirectional antennas” with John G8SEQ and many more.
The event costs £4 for GQRP club members. Non-members can also sign up for the event and join the GQRP club for just £10 (or £17 for international participants).
To sign up for the event just go to the Eventbrite sign-up page at:
For more information and to view the full event schedule see:
For more information, contact:
Steve Hartley G0FUW, Chairman of the G-QRP Club