IC-705 Meter | Digi Rig Mobile | The Elad FDM-S3 SDR
New Products @ ML&S
New and Newly-Available Products
The ICOM IC-705 Meter
The IC-705 has probably spawned more rig accessories than most radios in the last 20 years. We think this one is the most exciting though. The meter’s functionality includes:
- Mode | Filter settings | Real-time display of operating frequency
- SWR, Real Power or S-Meter, in both text & a needle on the usual radio-style scale.
Digi Rig Mobile
This is a tiny new digital modes interface. Its main features are described as follows:
- It combines an audio codec, serial CAT interface and PTT switch.
- It supports a full-featured CAT interface: PTT, bands, tuning etc. (not just VOX-based PTT).
- It uses a single USB connection to the computer minimizing the cables mess.
- The CAT port can be configured for logic levels, RS-232, CI-V or TX-500.
- It works with all major Operating Systems: Windows, MacOS and Linux.
- It is permanently available, independently from the CAT port an open-collector PTT switch.
- It is controlled by the RTS signal of the COM port, to interface Handies/Mobiles, and so on.
- Its ancillary connection points to CM108 codec.
- It uses the widely-supported CP2102 serial interface & CM108 audio codec.
The Elad FDM-S3 SDR (As Reviewed in RadioUser, April 2021: 20)
Not brand new, but back in stock after a long delay due to component shortages is this high-end SDR, reviewed in RadioUser, April 2021: 20. It is one of the ultimate SDR receivers available today, with the following key features:
• Receive range: 9kHz-108MHz.
• Twin antenna input.
• 8 low & high bandpass filters.
• 3-stage attenuator.
• Selectable Pre-amp.
• 4 independent receivers scanned simultaneously.
• 24MHz bandwidth.
• Sampling rate up to 122.8MHz variable.
• Optional GNSS antenna.
• Free FDM-SW2 software.
• Compatible with Simon Brown’s SDR Console.