Icom Inc. has released more details about the launch of the IC-9700 VHF/UHF/23cm All-Mode SDR Transceiver
Icom Inc. has released more details about the launch of the IC-9700 VHF/UHF/23cm All-Mode SDR Transceiver, which we mentioned in last month’s Hamfest report. Icom UK expect to have the IC-9700 available for sale in February with a suggested retail price of £1795.95 inc. VAT. Please note that this is a target price and UK availability may be subject to change.
Briefly, the specification includes:
• All mode, triband transceiver covering 144MHz, 430MHz, 1.2GHz
• Supports CW/AM/SSB/FM/RTTY and D-STAR Digital Voice and Digital Data modes
• 144MHz and 430MHz band is direct sampling. The 1.2GHz uses additional down conversion.
• Full duplex operation/Dual Watch (no VHF/VHF or UHF/UHF capability)
• 100W (144 MHz), 75W (430 MHz) and 10W (1200 MHz) output
• 4.3in touchscreen colour TFT LCD
• Smooth satellite operation with normal/reverse tracking and 99 satellite channels
• D-STAR provides clear digital audio
• Voice recording/playback function (SD memory card)
• Audio scope
• CW full break-in
This article was featured in the January 2019 issue of Practical Wireless.