A New Dual-Band FM Transceiver
Introducing the IC-T10 VHF/UHF Transceiver
Icom has announced details of a new 5W VHF/UHF dual-band Amateur handheld radio called the IC-T10.
The IC-T10 has been built to the high-quality commercial specifications that you would expect from Icom. The radio features a clear, easy-to-use layout, rugged commercial build, IP67 dust-tight specification and waterproofing.
The 1,500mW loud audio and a long-lasting Li-Ion battery life all make this an ideal radio for beginners and seasoned amateur radio enthusiasts alike.
Its strong Mil-Spec build and range of features will also make it a practical dual-band radio for voluntary Amateur radio emergency services, such as Raynet. At the time of writing, ICOM described this radio’s main features as follows:
- 5 W RF output in 144 and 430 MHz.
- The large speaker provides 1500 mW loud and intelligible audio.
- IP67 dust-tight and waterproof construction.
- Up to 11 hours* operating time with supplied 2400 mAh (typical) Li-Ion battery pack.
- The home button on the top panel gives quick access to the calling channel.
- FM broadcast receiver.
- Built-in CTCSS/DTCS for repeater operation.
- 16 DTMF autodial memories.
- Priority, program, memory, skip and tone scan capabilities.
- Free downloadable CS-T10 programming software.
- Optional HM-222HLWP speaker microphone provides loud audio.
* VHF 11 hours, UHF 10 hours (approx.) at 1:1:8 duty cycle operation at 5 W output power (Power save function ON)
ICOM UK is expecting the IC-T10 to be available this summer. They will confirm the cost and availability as soon as we have them. Further information about the IC-T10 VHF/UHF dual-band transceiver can also be found at this URL: