It is that time again ...the June issue of Practical Wireless is printed!
What are this month's highlights?
The June 2018 issue of Practical Wireless is printed - here are some of the highlights:
- A review of the EAntenna DUOSAT LFA Yagi suitable for satellite operation.
- The 35th Annual Practical Wireless 144MHz QRP Contest: Colin Redwood G6MXL introduces the 2018 event.
- HF Highlights: Steve Telenius-Lowe PJ4DX reports on a busy March, with lots of DXpedition activity.
- Kits and Modules: Geoff Theasby G8BMI has a direct digital synthesis VFO that works up to 40MHz.
- Valve and Vintage: Ben Nock G4BXD writes about the history and development of valves.
- The World of VHF: Tim Kirby G4VXE has plenty to report about old modes and new.
- Carrying on the Practical Way: Gary Andrews M0CWY joins the Carrying On team with some advice on simple approaches to construction.
- Starting Over: Lee Aldridge G4EJB continues his tale of returning to the hobby.
- Data Modes: Mike Richards G4WNC compares and contrasts several popular RTTY programs.
- What Next: Colin Redwood G6MXL plans a one-man mini-DXpedition to the Isles of Scilly.
- Technical for the Terrified: Tony Jones G7ETW looks at two ways of combining a pair of transistors for additional gain.
- Buying Second-Hand: Chris Lorek G4HCL looks at a classic HF amateur bands receiver, the KW 202.
- The 2018 GMDX Convention: PW’s Editor Don G3XTT attended this year’s GMDX Convention near Stirling and has a short report.
- The Morse Mode: Roger Cooke G3LDI returns to the question of whether bad Morse is acceptable on the air.
- In the Shop: Harry Leeming G3LLL offers yet another melange of homespun advice and experience, covering a wide range of radio-related topics.
- A Data Modes Primer: John Wood G3YQC takes us through the basics of data modes operation, especially FT8, from hardware setup to making your first contacts.
On sale 10 May 2018 from all good retailers including WHSmiths!
Subscribe from as little as £11.00 a quarter - save money and get your copy delivered to your door. See our great subscription offers here.