Q3 2021 RAJAR Figures
The Latest Facts and Figures for Radio Listening
Check out the Latest from RAJAR
- Firstly, commercial radio remains in a strong position reaching 66% of UK adults each week. The weekly reach is 36.8m and total hours 476.5m per week, averaging 12.9 hours per listener.
- The study confirms what has been seen via other surveys over the period, that device usage is changing with a gradual move away from AM/FM (34%) towards DAB (43%) and online/app listening (18%) with DTV accounting for the remainder (5%).
- Exciting numbers being posted by stations with their first RAJAR Results:
- Greatest Hits Network has published their first numbers since they rebranded in September 2020 and is reporting a weekly reach of 3,213,000 across the network, whilst Hits Radio Network is reporting 6.1m per week.
- Greatest Hits London has also reported their first figures since taking over the Absolute Radio (London) license, which rebranded in May 2021, and are reporting 548,000 reach and 6.0 hours - A positive start for a rebranded station.
- Magic at the Musicals debuts with 184,000 reach and 3.8 weekly hours.
- Times Radio will be happy with its reach of 637,000 reach and a solid 5.5 hours per average listener.
- Capital Dance reports 287,000 weekly reach and 3.2 hours.
- Boom Radio comes in with 233,000 reach and 7.8 hours – a great result for them with strong average hours - the listeners are enjoying what they are discovering.
- The more established networks continue to report great results:
- Absolute Radio Network (5.1m), Capital Brand (7.6m), Classic FM (5m), Heart Brand (10m), Kiss Network (4.7m), LBC Brand (3m), Magic Network (4.1m), Radio X Network (1.9m), Smooth Brand (5.9m), talkSPORT Network (3m) and Virgin Network (2.2m),
- Regionally, Smooth Radio North West remains the largest reaching station outside of London and is closely followed by Capital Yorkshire
- Whilst in London, Heart, Capital, Magic and LBC take the top four spots in terms of weekly reach, respectively
.(Sources: RAJAR | OFCOM | Radioworks | Mediatel News | National Press)
Content continues after advertisements