Si4732-A10 Digital CMOS AM/FM/SW/LW/RDS Receiver | Module | Chip
Has Anyone Tried This Yet?
Silicon Labs Radio Innovation
A bit of a mouthful, this, isn't it? Quite a few of you have been in touch concerning this new chip/ radio/ receiver. Silicon Labs have the following text (see box) on their website/ spec sheet, and there are some posts on FB groups and radio fora. If you are using one of these or have one on order, let us know how you are getting on, and how this device compares to other radios, such as the Belka DX, the new Tecsun PL-368, and the various incarnations of the Malachite, all of which also offer a small-ish form factor.
Selection of Claimed Key Features
- Worldwide FM band support (64–108 MHz); Worldwide AM band support (520–1710 kHz)
- SW band support (2.3–26.1 MHz); LW band support (153–279 kHz)
- Excellent real-world performance with integrated AM/FM/SW/LW/RDS
- Integrated VCO; Advanced AM/FM seek tuning
- Automatic frequency control (AFC); Automatic gain control (AGC)
- Digital FM stereo decoder; Programmable de-emphasis; Advanced Audio Processing
- Seven selectable AM channel filters; AM/FM/SW/LW digital tuning
- EN55020 compliant; no manual alignment necessary
- Programmable reference clock; adjustable soft mute control
- RDS/RBDS processor; digital audio out
(Source: Silicon Laboratories | SWLing Post)