Practical Wireless - October 2021
Reviewed, a range of transceivers from Wouxun, the Comet HFJ-350M and the RadioGeeks ‘White Knight’ 144/432MHz antenna. A bi-directional beam, RSGB awards, the life of Hiram Percy Maxim and more.
On Sale: 09/09/2021
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
• Reviewed, a range of transceivers from Wouxun, the Comet HFJ-350M ‘Toy Box’ antenna and the RadioGeeks ‘White Knight’ 144/432MHz dual-band antenna.
• A bi-directional beam for the HF bands.
• Chasing the RSGB awards.
• Reflections on the life of Hiram Percy Maxim.
• A Lab Tutorial on some basic circuit theory – a look at Kirchoff’s law.
• Diodes – what are they, how are they used?
• A cabinet of curious capacitors’ and some ideas about stepped attenuators.
• A look at JOTA (Jamboree on the Air) and at the role of local clubs and societies.
• Raspberry Pi, checking SSD speeds and a neat Spectrum Analyser.
• Plus, all the latest news, readers’ letters and regular columns.