Practical Wireless - February 2021
70MHz Contest results, ZD9CW from Tristan da Cunha, hints and tips for quieter reception, Pop Blundell and the Y stations. Transistor basics. And, of course, lots more.
On Sale: 14/01/2021
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
• Results of the September PW 70MHz Contest.
• ZD9CW – the story of a trip to Tristan da Cunha.
• Build a frequency counter, good to 30MHz.
• Getting a quieter radio life – some practical suggestions.
• Transistor basics.
• The Morse Mode looks at selecting a preferred listening tone.
• More about capacitors.
• Pop Blundell, Morse code and the Y stations.
• Receive-only antennas for overcoming local noise.
• A look at ITU regions and zones, CQ zones and IARU locators.
• How to achieve communication between rig and PC.
• Harry Leeming bows out with his final column.
• Plus, all the latest news, readers’ letters and regular columns.